A partnership between UKZN and the KZN Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs
2019 YOUNG RESEARCHERS/INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
The RLEDi at the Graduate School of Business and Leadership at the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN), in partnership with the Department of Economic Development and Tourism in KwaZulu-Natal, seek applications from committed candidates wishing to further their studies in 2019 through a full-time Master’s Degree by research focusing on Local Economic Development (LED) in KwaZulu-Natal. This programme offers selected candidates an internship within the RLEDi unit.
Young researchers will be expected to conduct their Masters research within one of the following themes:
- Food security for regional and local economic development.
- Climate Change. Research will focus on developing mitigation strategies to reduce the impact of climate change in rural areas of KZN.
- Entrepreneurship/Social Entrepreneurship for Local Economic Development.
- South African citizens only, with priority given to those residing in KwaZulu-Natal
- Must be a first time Master’s student
- Must not be owing fees to the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal
- Must have a Postgraduate qualification at Honours level in Economics, Agriculture or Geography
- Experience in practical research work, either academically or through work experience
- Proven proficiency in conducting desktop research
- Demonstrable communication and writing experience
- Research and analytical skills will be an added advantage
- Must have applied for admission to the Master of Commerce by Research qualification. Only accepted candidates will be considered for the internship. To submit your application for the qualification click on the link below:
Prospective students will undergo a rigorous process of selection. Interested candidates should email the following documents: completed Young Researchers internship application form, a one page motivational letter, CV, certified copy of ID, certificates and academic transcripts.
Closing date for applications: 31 October 2018
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
For enquiries contact: Email: BullyrajA@ukzn.ac.za